The Logan Reserve Cemetery also know as the Logan Reserve Bethel Lutheran Cemetery is situated at the corner of Logan Reserve and School Roads, Logan Reserve, QLD 4133.
Logan Reserve Cemetery was established in 1864.
Logan Reserve is the oldest settled area on the Logan River and was originally taken up by Irish immigrants in the 1860s. Gradually German migrants moved into the area and they travelled to Bethania to church.
Children attended the Logan Reserve School that was also on this site at that time. A request was made to the department of Public Instruction in 1896 to allow a German School to be run in the building on Saturdays and to use the school for church on Sundays. It would seem that the request for the Saturday School was denied, as the teacher from the parish school at Bethania was sent to Logan Reserve School once a week.
The following year the German community built a church known as the Bethel Church.
The cemetery evolved alongside the church.
The earliest marked burial on the site is that of Adolf Wendt in 1903, but it is likely that there are earlier unmarked graves. The tornado of February 1936 destroyed the church, but locals soon rebuilt it and it remained on the site until 1972, when it was demolished.
This cemetery is still used by the Lutheran Community and it is managed by the Bethania Church.
Displayed below are images of the Headstone and Base Cemetery Memorials, Full Single Monument Cemetery Memorials, Full Double Monument Cemetery Memorials, Vault and Mausoleum Cemetery Memorials, created by Alpha 1 Memorials – Monumental Masons Brisbane and erected over burial plots in this cemetery. Click on any image to be taken to a page with full details of that monument.
For more images of all types of Cemetery Memorials created by Alpha 1 Memorials please also visit the pages of: (1) Goodna General, (2) Mount Gravatt, (3) Kalbar General, (4) Lutwyche, (5) Toowong, (6) Bulimba, (7) Logan Village, (8) Marburg Trinity Lutheran Church, (9) Cherbourg, (10) Ipswich General, (11) South Brisbane (Dutton Park) cemeteries.