The Toowong Cemetery also known as the Brisbane General Cemetery is located on forty-four hectares of land at the corner of Frederick Street and Mount Coot-tha Road, 304 Birdwood Terrace, Toowong, 4066 QLD.
Established in 1866, the Toowong Cemetery is a heritage-listed cemetery was formally opened in July 1875, and is an operating cemetery.
The Toowong Cemetery is Queensland’s largest cemetery with over 119,000 people already buried there.
Click on the image below to be taken to the website www.fotc.org.au, owned and operated by the Friends Of Toowong Cemetery Association Inc., for more information about the cemetery and its activities.
Displayed below are images of the Headstone and Base Cemetery Memorials, Full Single Monument Cemetery Memorials, Full Double Monument Cemetery Memorials, Vault and Mausoleum Cemetery Memorials, created by Alpha 1 Memorials – Monumental Masons Brisbane and erected over burial plots in this cemetery. Click on any image to be taken to a page with full details of that monument.
For more images of all types of Cemetery Memorials created by Alpha 1 Memorials please also visit the pages of: (1) Goodna General, (2) Mount Gravatt, (3) Kalbar General, (4) Logan Reserve, (5) Lutwyche, (6) Bulimba, (7) Logan Village, (8) Marburg Trinity Lutheran Church, (9) Cherbourg, (10) Ipswich General, (11) South Brisbane (Dutton Park) cemeteries.